- 1 baked pie crust (completely cooled)
- 2 pounds strawberries (washed, hulled and dried)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (1 block)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest from 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin (1 package)
- Combine the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Add the whipping cream and vanilla and beat on medium-high speed until a peak forms. Add freshly grated lemon zest if desired. Spread onto the bottom of the cooled pie crust.
- Place the strawberries on top of the cream cheese layer. I like to layer two rows of sliced strawberries and one row of whole strawberries, however you could add all sliced to make it easier.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the water, sugar and cornstarch over medium heat. Stir constantly. Once it has come to a boil, cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until it has become clear and thick. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Stir for one minute, or until the gelatin has dissolved. Then pour evenly over the top of the strawberries, making sure they all get coated with the glaze.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, or until it has set. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slice and enjoy!
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE
STRAWBERRY PIE RECIPE