- 4 pound chicken (cut into 8 pieces with the backbone discarded)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce optional
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- canola oil for frying
Instructions Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Mix the chicken pieces, buttermilk, salt, pepper and hot sauce in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least four hours.
- Mix the paprika with the flour in a medium bowl with a baking sheet set up next to it.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, then add each chicken piece to the flour, coating well, then place onto the baking sheet and let sit for at least 30 minutes (the flour will become paste-like).
- Add a large dutch oven 1/2 full with canola oil heated to 365 degrees and fry in batches (do not crowd the pan) of 4 pieces, cooking for 10-12 minutes (check for 165 degrees and that the chicken is cooked through).
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
Super Crispy Fried Chicken