- 4 lbs chicken wings, drummettes and flats separated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
For the sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Coca-Cola
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2/3 cup tomato paste
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup red pepper hot sauce (like cayenne or tabasco pepper sauce)
- 1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions Prepare the wings:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Top 2 baking sheets with a metal rack. (You can use the same kind you use to cool cakes.) Line a third baking sheet with foil.
- Remove chicken wings from package and pat very dry with a paper towel. Toss in a bowl with olive oil and generously season with kosher salt and black pepper, then arrange on the prepared baking sheets, allowing at least 1 inch between each piece of chicken on all sides.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until crisp and golden brown. (You can turn the broiler on for the last 3-5 minutes to give them even more color, if desired.)
Make the sauce
- Combine Coca-Cola, brown sugar, tomato paste, and garlic in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer. Whisk in hot sauce, paprika, and salt. Let simmer 5 -10 minutes, whisking occasionally, until the sauce thickens. Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt or hot sauce, as desired.
- Once the chicken is ready, remove from oven and use tongs to roll each piece in the sauce, then place on the prepared foil-lined baking sheet. Lower oven to 350, and bake 7 minutes to set glaze. Serve immediately with additional sauce on the side for dipping.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Sweet and Spicy Coca-Cola Chicken Wings