- 4 (about 6 ounces each) large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pineapple juice, (you can also use low sodium chicken broth or water)
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine Italian Seasoning, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to the seasonings and mix until thoroughly combined into a paste.
- Rub the paste all over the chicken breasts.
- Press the sauté button on the Instant Pot and heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Once olive oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and brown on both sides; about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the Instant Pot and set aside.
- Add pineapple juice ( or chicken broth, or water) to the Instant Pot and scrape up any bits stuck to the bottom.
- Place a trivet inside the Instant Pot and arrange the chicken breasts on the trivet in one single layer.
- Close pot, set valve to sealing, select the manual or pressure cook button (this depends on your Instant Pot model), select HIGH pressure and set the timer to 5 minutes.
- When the 5 minutes are up, let the pressure release naturally for 8 minutes; then, release any remaining pressure. (For frozen chicken breasts, it will take longer for the pressure to build in the Instant Pot; about 15 minutes.)
- Remove chicken from pot and let rest for 5 minutes.
FOR THE GRAVY (OPTIONAL)
- After removing the chicken breasts and trivet from the Instant Pot, press the SAUTÉ button and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Make a slurry with 2 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon cornstarch; mix it up and add that to the pot; let cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until thickened to a desired consistency.
- Pour over chicken breasts and serve.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Tender and Juicy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts