- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tsp sugar (to activate the yeast)
- 2 cups milk scalded and cooled to lukewarm
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 7 cups all-purpose flour up to 8 cups
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted, for brushing over the finished rolls
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1 stick butter unsalted, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Add the yeast, warm water and sugar to the bowl of your mixer and lightly whisk. Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes until the yeast dissolves and starts to foam.
- To the bowl of your mixer add the milk, butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Lightly mix everything together, using the dough hook of your mixer, for about 1 minute. Add the flour, 2 or 3 cups at a time, and mix. Add enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Add additional flour as needed and mix until the dough comes clean from the sides of the bowl. You could use anywhere from 6 to 8 cups, depending on your environment. Place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with a clean damp kitchen towel. Let rise in a warm place until double in bulk.
- Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Punch down the dough and turn it onto a floured surface. Divide into 2 portions for shaping. I like to roll out the dough so that it’s about 1/2 inch in thickness then cut out the ends to have a perfect rectangle, then cut it out into squares or rectangles. Repeat with remaining dough. You should get about 30 to 35 rolls. Place onto the prepared baking sheets. Let the rolls rise until doubled in size..
- Preheat your oven to 350 F degrees.
- Bake the rolls for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Brush immediately with melted butter.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the cinnamon honey butter by whisking all the ingredients together.
- Serve the rolls with the cinnamon honey butter.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here
TEXAS ROADHOUSE ROLLS