- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs (or Italian seasoning)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground garlic
- Ground black pepper
- 180 ml chicken stock divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 500 g (3) skinless boneless chicken breast fillets
- In a small bowl mix together the mixed herbs (or Italian seasoning), paprika, coriander, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp. chicken stock into a paste.
- Put the chicken breasts in a bowl and coat the fillets in the paste.
- Select the sauté setting of the Instant Pot, add in the oil into the instant pot insert and when hot brown the chicken fillets on both sides (about 2 mins on either side).
- Remove the chicken fillets from the Instant Pot insert, and set aside on a plate.
- Add the remaining 2/3rds cup of chicken stock into the Instant Pot insert, and scrape any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot from frying with a silicon or wooden spoon.
- Place the trivet inside before adding the chicken fillets on top of the trivet.
- Cover your Instant Pot and set the valve to the SEALING position.
- Select the manual or pressure cook button (dependent upon IP model), select high pressure and set the timer to 5 mins.
- Let the steam release naturally for about 8 mins (10 mins for thicker chicken breasts) before quick releasing then opening.
- Do remember to check the temperature of the chicken using a Meat thermometer.
This article and recipe adapted from this site
THE BEST INSTANT POT CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE