The Most Perfect Apple Crisp – 2 MASTER OF TASTE
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup large flake oats
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , cut
- 6 large apples , I recommend
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350F
degrees. Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl stir together
the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon & salt.
- Add in the butter and cut it
in using a pastry cutter or rub the butter into the dry ingredients using your
fingers. At the end it should be crumbly in texture, but no large chunks of
butter should remain. Place in the fridge as you make the filling.
- Peel and slice the apples into
thin slices about 1/8 – 1/4 inch thick.
- Whisk together the melted
butter, flour, water, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture over the
sliced apples and toss to coat.
- Spoon the apples into the
greased pan, then crumble the oatmeal crumble overtop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for
30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and you can see the apples
bubbling around the edges of the pan.
- Remove from the oven and cool
for at least 10 minutes before serving.
This article and recipe
adapted from this site
The Most Perfect Apple Crisp