- 1 cup butter (8 ounces, cut into pieces)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- Prepare a baking sheet by buttering or lining with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the butter, sugar, water, and salt to a medium saucepan. Heat the pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Continue to heat over medium heat until the mixture has reached 285°F and has turned a rich caramel color. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture onto the prepared pan and allow it to spread. Let the toffee cool 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the chocolate chips and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread the melted chocolate chips with an offset spatula and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Let the toffee cool completely, then break into pieces and enjoy.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here