- 8 ounces (226 g) Nutella
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (130 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the mousse layer
- 2 1/4 teaspoons plain gelatin powder, 1 packet
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- 8 ounces (226 g) Nutella
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) heavy cream, divided
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
For the topping
- 1 cup (300 g) Nutella
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
InstructionsMake the base
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line the bottom a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil and spray the foil lightly with nonstick spray. Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper.
- Add the Nutella and butter to a medium saucepan. Warm over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until Nutella is melty and smooth. Whisk in the sugar. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cooled, whisk in the eggs and vanilla until combined. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt into the Nutella mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula just until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs. Leave the brownie in the pan and set it wire rack to cool completely. Or pop it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
Make the mousse
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over water, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Bring the Nutella and 1/2 cup of the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking until the Nutella has fully melted. Remove from heat.
- Add the salt and softened gelatin; whisk until gelatin is fully dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl and cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. The mixture will thicken slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the remaining 1 cup cream at medium speed until it begins to thicken, about 30 seconds. Increase the speed to high and whip until soft peaks form, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Use a whisk to mix in 1/3 of the whipped cream into the Nutella mixture. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining whipped cream until no streaks appear.
- Spoon the mousse into the pan over the brownie layer. Smooth the top with an offset spatula. Place the cake in the refrigerator and chill until set, about 2 hours.
Make the topping
- Warm the Nutella and cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisking until the Nutella has fully melted. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, stir it occasionally.
- Pour the glaze over the top of the mousse layer and use an offset spatula to smooth it over. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until the glaze has set.
- Carefully remove the sides of the pan and dispose of the parchment paper. Serve the cake with whipped cream or fresh berries.
Make ahead tip
- The cake will keep for up to 3 days stored in the refrigerator.
- The cake can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Triple Nutella Mousse Cake