- ½ cup raw pecans
- ½ cup dates pitted (don’t forget to remove the pits)!!
- 1 ½ TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 TBS unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1 TBS honey or pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews soaked for at least 1 hour
- 6 TBS pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
Chocolate peanut butter topping:
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 TBS creamy peanut butter
- First, soak 1 cup of cashews in enough boiling water to cover them for at least 1 hour. After 1 hour rinse and drain and proceed with the recipe.
- Line a 6” round cake pan (deep) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Put dates and pecans in the container of a Vitamix blender or a food processor fitted with the “S” blade. Process until mixture is resembles a coarse meal and is uniform throughout.
- Add the rest of the to the blender/food processor and blend/process until the mixture just starts to clump together. (Do not over process here or the bites will become oily)!
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press it evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Put the pan with the crust in it in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a microwave safe dish or in a small pan over medium-low heat melt together the peanut butter, chocolate, maple syrup and coconut oil until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the soaked, rinsed and drained cashews and the coconut cream into the container of your Vitamix blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, peanut butter & coconut oil mixture, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and salt to the Vitamix/blender. Blend for 30-60 seconds or until silky smooth. You may need to stop, scrape down the sides and continue blending.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pan and evenly spread it over the crust.
- Place the pan back in the refrigerator until it sets up and becomes solid (about 1-2 hours).
- Melt ¼ cup chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips with 2 TBS peanut butter and stir until smooth. Evenly spread over firm filling. Return to fridge to set.
- To serve, remove from fridge and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. This tastes the best when it’s not straight out of the fridge and has a little time to sit at room temperature!
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Cheesecake