- 6 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips I use Ghirardelli brand
- 1/2 cup peppemint candies crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add the butter, sugar, brown sugar, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low until combined and then beat on medium speed for about 1 minute. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stop mixer and add the flour and white chocolate chips. Mix on low speed until a cohesive cookie dough forms, about 1 minute.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop (about 1 1/2 tablespoons capacity) to form 24 cookie dough balls. Dip the top half of each ball in the crushed peppermint candies. Place the cookies on baking sheets lined with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper (12 cookies per baking sheet).
- Bake the cookies for 10 – 11 minutes. I rotate the pans front to back and top rack to bottom rack halfway through baking time.
- The cookies should look a bit underdone when you take them out of the oven. They will set up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes. Remove them to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Cookies are best eaten within a day or two. Place completely cooled cookies in a freezer bag and freeze for up to one month if desired.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies