- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil (I used corn oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- sugar for coating
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon anise seeds (if desired)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius)
- In a medium mixing bowl add wine, oil, sugar, salt and baking powder (add anise seeds if using) mix well, gradually add flour, a little at a time, until it all comes together.
- Transfer to a slightly floured flat surface and knead lightly approximately 10 times. Dough will be soft, so don’t work it too much.
- Cut off a little dough at a time, roll into a small chubby rope (about 5 inches (13 centimeters long) and bring ends together to form a circle. Dip in sugar and and place on parchment covered cookie sheets, bake for approximately 25-30 minutes, or golden in colour. Enjoy!
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here