- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized cubes (you can also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced ginger OR 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-INCH thick half moons
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- sprinkle of toasted sesame seed oil, for garnish, optional
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- scallions, for garnish
- Place chicken pieces in a bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch; toss to coat.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or a wok over medium-high heat; add chicken pieces to the hot oil and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from wok or skillet and set aside.
- Turn down heat to medium-low and add garlic and ginger to the skillet; cook and stir for 20 seconds, or just until fragrant.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high and stir in the mushrooms and zucchini; cook for 4 minutes, or until fork tender and browned. Stir frequently.
- In the meantime, in a small mixing bowl whisk together soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sugar.
- Stir chicken back into the skillet.
- Add in the prepared soy sauce and stir to coat chicken and veggies.
- Stir and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until everything is heated through and sauce has slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat; sprinkle with sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Garnish with scallions and serve.
Read Full Recipe —> Click Here
Zucchini Mushroom Chicken Stir Fry